The Ultimate Guide [Things to Consider in Choosing a Camping Tent]
Choosing a camping tent is a highly individualized activity. Your personal activity, the number of people who will be camping, the time of year you will be camping and the type of terrain you expect to encounter are all factors in selecting the perfect tent.
Why Do You Need a Camping Tent?
The reasons for buying a camping tent are various, but they ultimately come down to three basic ones:
- 1Roughing it in the open air is exciting until campers are impacted by precipitation, insects, or a need for shade where there isn’t any.
- 2Cost can be a factor. When taking an extended vacation, whether backpacking, bicycling or motoring, campground facilities are usually less expensive than motels or hotels.
- 3Availability of shelter. If you’re heading into relatively undeveloped areas, or areas that have few amenities, a tent is a way to protect you, your sleeping bag and your stuff from environmental conditions.
Understanding Types of Tents
What to Look for When Buying
Tents come in all sorts and types. They range from those fun indoor adventure tents for kids rooms to a sort of little house away from home for those hearty outdoors people who will go camping in the heart of winter. When and where you will camp, as well as how many people will occupy the tent does make a difference to the materials and type of tent that will make a good investment for you.
Look for tents that have a floor and water-proof lower sides to give you protection from water on the ground. Double layered tents will keep you drier, warmer and even cooler than single wall tents
Companies that Make Good Tents
Below are some well-known companies which manufacture good camping tents, well at least in our opinion. Their quality are of top-notch and assurance are well-guaranteed.
Some Tips & Tricks for Campers
Below are some of our tips on how to stay safe and alert when you are camping.
- 1Do not place your tent in a high wind position when you camp in the rain.
- 2Tents are portable. Camp in an approved campsite where there’s security, or always keep someone in camp
- 3If camping solo, make your camp look as if it were for two, and alert your campground security that you’re alone
- 4The best way to shower when camping is to use a solar shower and a shower surround if the campground doesn’t have facilities
- 5Make friends with your camping neighbors. They are your best security
If you are just about to start camping, it is important to read up tips & tricks for beginners.